Report a Complaint with an Agent, Adjuster or Agency
Do you have a concern or complaint with an insurance broker, agent, or independent adjuster? If so, please provide the following information:
• Your full name, mailing address, email, and phone number.
• A summary of your concerns, including the names of companies or individuals involved in the complaint and any documentation, as applicable.
Your complaint and the supporting documents may be submitted here.
The complaint review process includes:
• Validation of the complaint
• Determination of jurisdictional authority
• Relation to the breach of the Insurance Act/Regulations
You will be contacted during the course of an investigation if the investigator requires more information or documentation from you. At the conclusion of the investigation, you will be advised of the outcome of our findings.
Do you have a concern or complaint with an insurance company? If so, these concerns are not investigated by the AIC. Please direct complaints about an insurer to:
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
Superintendent of Insurance
Financial Sector Regulation and Policy (FSRP)
Room 402, Terrace Building
9515 – 107 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2C3
Phone: 780-427-8322 Toll-free: (In Alberta): Dial 310-0000, then 780-427-8322
Website: Alberta Treasury Board and Finance