The Alberta Insurance Council is seeking nominations to fill one position in the capacity of
General Insurance Agent with the General Insurance Council.
Do you know an eligible colleague?
If so, send us your nomination today! To be considered candidates must:
- reside in Alberta;
- be engaged in the insurance business, hold a General Insurance Certificates of Authority, and have held the certificates for the five years before the election;
- never have been convicted of an offence under the Insurance Act (the Act);
- never have had their Certificates of Authority suspended or revoked;
- never have been levied a penalty under Section 480 (1)(a) of the Act, and not have been levied a penalty in the preceeding five years under Section 480 (1) (b, c, d, or e) of the Act;
- not be an employee of an insurer licensed to undertake general insurance;
Full eligibility requirements can be found in Sections 4 and 29 of the Insurance Councils Regulation by clicking here.
No individual may be nominated as a candidate for membership on more than one Council at the same time, nor may they be a candidate for membership or a member on a Council and Appeal Board at the same time.
What are the expectations of a nominee if elected?
This particular position on the General Insurance Council holds a term until December 9, 2021, meeting once each month.
Compensation is paid on a per diem basis. Expenses directly associated with attending to General Insurance Council business will be reimbursed.
How do I nominate a candidate?
All nominations may be submitted to the Alberta Insurance Council by email to email@example.com. Requirements for nomination are as follows:
- A letter of nomination signed by a minimum of five licensed general insurance agents.
- A brief biography for the candidate, including a headshot, that may be distributed to eligible voters.
- Nominations must be received no later than 4:30 pm on January 4, 2021.
For further information, please contact Perry Lin at 587-390-0233.