Call for Nominations for Election to the Insurance Adjusters’ Council
The Alberta Insurance Council is seeking nominations to fill the position of
1 Insurance Adjuster to the Insurance Adjusters’ Council.
Do you know an eligible colleague?
If so, send us your nomination today! To be considered, candidates must:
- reside in Alberta;
- be engaged in the insurance business, hold an Adjusters’ Certificate of Authority, and have held the certificate for the five years before the election;
- never have been convicted of an offence under the Insurance Act (the Act);
- never have had their Certificate of Authority suspended or revoked;
- never have been levied a penalty under Section 480 (1)(a) of the Act, and not have been levied a penalty in the preceding five years under Section 480 (1) (b, c, d, or e) of the Act;
- not be an employee of an insurer licensed to undertake general insurance;
Full eligibility requirements can be found in Sections 4 and 29 of the Insurance Councils Regulation by clicking here.
No individual may be nominated as a candidate for membership on more than one Council at the same time, nor may they be a candidate for membership or a member on a Council and Appeal Board at the same time.
What are the expectations of a nominee if elected?
A position on the Insurance Adjusters’ Council holds a term of three years, meeting once each month.
Compensation is paid on a per diem basis in addition to expenses directly associated with attending to Insurance Adjusters’ Council business.
How do I nominate a candidate?
All nominations may be submitted to the Alberta Insurance Council by email to email@example.com. Requirements for nomination are as follows:
- A letter of nomination signed by a minimum of five licensed insurance adjusters.
- A brief biography for the candidate, including a headshot, that may be distributed to eligible voters (maximum 12 lines).
- Nominations must be received no later than 4:30 pm on July 3, 2020.
For further information, please contact Perry Lin at 587-390-0233.