Pursuant to s. 480(4) of the Insurance Act, a civil penalty levied against an individual or insurance intermediary must be paid within thirty (30) days in accordance with the Council Decision*.
The following are acceptable methods of payment:
- Cheques may be made payable to the “Alberta Insurance Council”
- Cash in the exact amount, personally delivered to the reception desk of the Alberta Insurance Council
The AIC does not accept payment by way of AMEX,
Debit or Visa-Debit card at this time.
The Civil Penalty may be paid in person or over the telephone. Please call the telephone number local to your area to pay the civil penalty by telephone;
All Other Areas 1-800-461-3367
Please ensure that the below information is available to hand when calling:
- First and last name;
- CIPR number;
- File number as indicated in the header of the Council Decision;
- Your method of payment;
- The amount you wish to pay; and
- Whether you would like a receipt evidencing payment.
Pursuant to Part 3, Penalties, as s. 13 of the Certificate Expiry, Penalties, and Fees Regulation, AR 125/01 “(2) The rate of interest prescribed for the purposes of section 480 of the Act is 12% per annum, prorated in respect of any part of a month, on the unpaid balance.”