The Alberta Insurance Council is seeking nominations to fill the position of
Adjuster to the Insurance Adjusters Council.
Do you know an eligible colleague?
If so, send us your nomination today! To be considered candidates must:
- reside in Alberta;
- be engaged in the insurance business, hold adjusters’ certificates of authority, and have held the certificates for the five years before the election;
- never have been convicted of an offense under the Insurance Act (the Act);
- never have had their Certificate of Authority suspended or revoked;
- never have been levied a penalty under Section 480 (1)(a) of the Act, and not have been levied a penalty in the preceding five years under Section 480 (1) (b, c, d, or e) of the Act;
- not be an employee of an insurer licensed to undertake general insurance;
Full eligibility requirements can be found in Sections 5 and 29 of the Insurance Council’s Regulation.
No individual may be nominated as a candidate for membership on more than one Council at the same time, nor may they be a candidate for membership or a member on a Council and Appeal Board at the same time.
What are the expectations of a nominee if elected?
A position on the Insurance Adjusters Council holds a term of three years. The time commitment in recent years has been very minimal with the council meeting one or two times per year. This may vary depending on industry activities in a given year.
A per diem is alloted per council member in addition to expenses directly associated with attending meetings and attending to Council business.
How do I nominate a candidate?
All nominations may be submitted to the Alberta Insurance Council by email to email@example.com. Requirements for nomination are as follows:
- A letter of nomination signed by a minimum of five licensed insurance adjusters.
- A brief biography for the candidate that may be distributed to eligible voters (maximum 12 lines).
- Nominations must be received no later than 4:30 pm on April 13, 2018.
For further information:
Please contact Anthonet Maramieri, COO, Alberta Insurance Council at 403-233-2929, ext 513.