In our continued efforts for open dialogue and communication with all stakeholders, welcome to the AIC Education Corner page dedicated to students and Course Providers, available to everyone, and intended to provide information on all things Education across the insurance industry in Alberta.
Curricula 2 and 3 Consultation Introduction
As you are aware, there was a consultation earlier this year with respect to the General Level 1 Curriculum in the province of Alberta. As the work of the Curriculum Review Committee, as appointed by the General Insurance Council, is nearing conclusion, the General Insurance Council has increased the Committee’s mandate to review the General Level 2 and General Level 3 Curricula. Much of the process feedback provided during the level 1 Consultation has been taken into account: too long & difficult to complete. As a result, a new consultation format has been created in Word to be shorter and to facilitate your ease of use.
I am proud to be a member of the insurance industry and look forward to new competent and qualified entrants to our market as well as career growth for those within it, while best serving Alberta’s consumers.
We look forward to hearing from you about our industry’s standards through education and examination by participating in this consultation. Please follow the links below to have your voice heard and submit no later than August 21, 2015.
Chair, General Insurance Council & Curriculum Review Committee
- Curriculum Update November 2015
- Curriculum Design Document General Level 1 – 2016
- Curriculum 2 Consultation Document
- Curriculum Design Document General Level 2 – 2016
- Curriculum 3 Consultation Document
- Curriculum Design Document General Level 3 – (effective date March 6, 2017)
- General Level 1 Curriculum Executive Summary
- General Level 2 Curriculum Executive Summary
- General Level 3 Curriculum Executive Summary
- General Level 1 Course Providers