Call for Nominations for Election to the Insurance Councils Appeal Board
The Alberta Insurance Council is seeking nominations to fill two positions in the capacity of
Adjuster with the Insurance Councils Appeal Board.
Do you know an eligible colleague?
If so, send us your nomination today! To be considered candidates must:
- reside in Alberta;
- be engaged in the insurance business, hold an Adjustersâ€™ Certificate of Authority, and have held the certificate for the five years before the election;
- never have been convicted of an offence under the Insurance Act (the Act);
- never have had their Certificate of Authority suspended or revoked;
- never have been levied a penalty under Section 480 (1)(a) of the Act, and not have been levied a penalty in the preceding five years under Section 480 (1) (b, c, d, or e) of the Act;
- not be an employee of an insurer licensed to undertake general insurance;
Full eligibility requirements can be found in Sections 5 and 29 of the Insurance Councils Regulation by clicking here.
No individual may be nominated as a candidate for membership on more than one Council at the same time, nor may they be a candidate for membership or a member on a Council and Appeal Board at the same time.
What are the expectations of a nominee if elected?
A position on the Insurance Councils Appeal Board holds a term of three years. The time commitment in recent years has been minimal with hearings occuring two or three times per year. This may vary depending on disciplinary activities in a given year.
Compensation is paid on a per diem basis in addition to expenses directly associated with attending hearings and attending to Insurance Councils Appeal Board business.
How do I nominate a candidate?
All nominations may be submitted to the Alberta Insurance Council by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requirements for nomination are as follows:
- A letter of nomination signed by a minimum of five licensed insurance adjusters.
- A brief biography for the candidate that may be distributed to eligible voters (maximum 12 lines).
- Nominations must be received no later than 4:30 pm on November 29, 2018.
For further information, please contact Perry Lin at 587-390-0233.
The Alberta Insurance Council will never ask for personal or payment information, except in relation to a transaction that you initiate. Other requests pertaining to licensing or audit activities may be communicated by mail, phone, email or text. If you are unsure about sending information, be safe and verify the request by email to email@example.com or by calling 1-800-461-3367.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.