CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR ELECTION TO THE INSURANCE COUNCILS APPEAL BOARD
The Alberta Insurance council is seeking nominations to fill the following positions:
Two General Insurance Agents to the Insurance Councils Appeal board
The Eligible Candidate:
- is resident in Alberta;
- has never been convicted of an offence under the Insurance Act;
- has never had their Certificate of Authority suspended or revoked;
- has never been levied a penalty under Section 480(1)(a) of the Act;
- a penalty under Section 480 of the Act has not been levied against the individual in the preceding 5 years in respect of a matter referred to in Section 480(1)(b), (c), (d) or (e) of the Act;
- is not a dependent adult as defined in the Dependent Adults Acts, or is not the subject of a compulsory care order or a certificate of incapacity under the Act;
- is not a formal patient as defined in the Mental Health Act;
- has not been found to be a person of unsound mind by a court elsewhere than in Alberta;
- is engaged in the general insurance business and holds an insurance agent’s certificate of authority to act as general insurance agent; and
- has held a General agent’s certificate for five years before the election.
No individual may be nominated to be a candidate for membership on more than one Council at the same time or to be a candidate for membership or a member on a Council and appeal Board at the same time.
Nominations must be received by the Alberta Insurance Council no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 30th, 2017, and must be accompanied by a letter of nomination signed by at least five (5) licensed general insurance agents and a brief (no more than 12 lines) biography for distribution with election ballots to all eligible voters.
Term ends on September 29, 2020
For further information, please contact Anthonet Maramieri of the Alberta Insurance Council at (403) 233-2929.
Return nominations to:
Alberta Insurance Council
500, 222 – 58th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2H 2S3
Follow us on Twitter @AbCouncil