THE INSURANCE ADJUSTERS’ COUNCIL
The Alberta Insurance Council is seeking nominations for election to fill the following position:
Adjuster to the Insurance Adjusters Council
The Eligible Candidate:
- is resident in Alberta;
- has never been convicted of an offence under the Insurance Act;
- has never had their Certificate of Authority suspended or revoked;
- has never been levied a penalty under Section 480 (1)(a) of the Act;
- a penalty under Section 480 of the Act has not been levied against the individual in the preceeding 5 years in respect of a matter referred to in section 480 (1)(b), (c), (d) or (e) of the Act;
- is not a dependent adult as defined in the Dependent Adults Act or is the subject of a Certificate of Incapacity under the Act;
- is not a formal patient as defined in the Mental Health Act;
- has not been found to be a person of unsound mind by a court elsewhere than in Alberta;
- is not an employee of an insurer licensed to undertake general insurance; and
- has held an adjusters certificate for five years before the election.
No individual may be nominated to be a candidate for membership on more than one Council at the same time or to be a candidate for membership or a member on a Council and Appeal Board at the same time.
Nominations must be received by the Alberta Insurance Council no later than 4:30 pm on June 28, 2017 and must be accompanied by a letter of nomination signed by at least 5 licensed insurance adjusters and a brief (no more than 12 lines) biography for distribution with election ballots to all eligible voters.
Term of Office – 3 years
For further information, please contact Anthonet Maramieri at the Calgary office at 403-233-2929 ext 513 of the Alberta Insurance Council.
Return nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alberta Insurance Council
500, 222 – 58th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2H 2S3